- weak, pathetic, (a place or gathering that is) lacking in activity
- "I don't know who to hire--all of the applicants are pretty shvach."
- "My dad did the grocery shopping for once this week, and when my mom saw the celery he picked out she said 'This is the the most shvach celery I've ever seen!'".
- "We took a walk through town on Christmas morning but it was a bit shvach out."
- "I feel a bissele schvach this morning, but I will force myself to work."
Languages of Origin
- שװאַך shvakh
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- Great Britain
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.