“The definition of a masmid is not someone who learns until he collapses, but someone who learns when he is supposed to, davens when he is supposed to, eats when he is supposed to, and rests when he is supposed to!” (source)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.