- Jewish law and values in general
- general Jewish learning/knowledge
- Teaching (this is the literal meaning in Hebrew and sometimes used in Jewish English)
- The five books of Moses; a scroll with this text on it
- "I taught this week's Torah portion to my religious school class."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Australia / New Zealand
- South Africa
- Great Britain
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
Toira, Tora, Toyrah, Toirah, Toyra, Toreh, Toireh, Toyreh, Tore, Toire, Toyre
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.