interj. Good week!
Languages of Origin
גוט וואָך gut vokh 'good week'
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
goot voch, gut vokh
Ashkenazi greeting at the conclusion of the Sabbath.
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.