pesedik, peysedik, peisedik, paysedik, peysadik, peisadik, paysadik, pesedick, peysedick, peisedick, paysedick, pesadick, peysadick, peisadick, paysadick, pesedic, peysedic, peisedic, paysedic, pesadic, peysadic, peisadic, paysadic, pesachdic, pesahdic, peysachdic, paysachdic, pesachdik, pesahdik, peysachdik, paysachdik
- "Acceptable to be eaten on Pesach" (JPS), kosher for Passover.
- "We can't have pizza in our house next week because it's not pesedik."
- "Don’t worry, your lunch does not have to be Pesadik." (https://www.anschechesed.org/calendar-item/prepping-pesach-lunch-learn-rabbi-kalmanofsky/)
- "And if I’m cooking for Passover in my bubbie’s peisedik pots and pans that were handed down to me, can I, in good conscience, prepare rice in them?!" (https://images.shulcloud.com/1304/uploads/Sermons/Rice-on-Passover.pdf)
- "You couldn't dump a bunch of marmite or nutritional yeast in bread dough and have the bread rise. I know that's not how the whole peysadik issue is determined, but just for clarification." (https://weirdjews2.livejournal.com/474280.html)
- "Now the real puzzle of the season: do vegan matzo balls defy all laws of physics and chemistry? And is tapioca starch peysadik?" (http://inmolaraan.blogspot.com/2006/02/chocolate-ladys-2002-vegetarian.html)
- "What’s the best recipe for a Pesadick sponge cake?" (https://www.ou.org/holidays/passover/norene_gilletz_you_will_not_believe_these_are_passover_desserts/)
- "Are you sure those cookies are pesachdik? They look too good to be made with matzah meal." (JPS)
Languages of Origin
Textual Hebrew, Yiddish
פּסחדיק peysekhdik 'fit for Passover', Hebrew word פסח pesach (peysekh in Yiddish) 'Passover' + Yiddish ־דיק -dik adjectival suffix.
Who Uses This
Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001)
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.