- unleavened bread eaten on Passover
- "We bought matzah for the seder."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Non-Jews: (words that have spread outside of Jewish networks)
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
matse, matseh, matsa, matsah, matzoh, matzah, matza, matzeh, matze, matsoh, matso
- Plural: matzoth, matzot, matzos, matsos, matsot (מצות)
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.