es gezunterheit, es gezunterhayt, ess gezunterheyt, ess gezunterheit, ess gezunterayt
- Eat in good health, similar to bon appétit
- "Why did the Belzer Rebbe say to him es gezunterheit? It was not kosher what he was eating." (https://www.teacherstrading.com/the-human-voice-voice/)
- "Just as your great-grandmother may have said to your grandparents to 'Ess gezunterheit,' she would want you to eat in good health, too." (https://jewishfoodexperience.com/ess-gezunterheit-eat-in-good-health/)
- "In any case to those that wish to make chremslech I say "ess gezunterheit mit a guten apetit"" (http://www.columbia.edu/~jap2220/Arkhiv/vol10%20(2000-1)/vol10009.txt)
- Enjoy your pasta, es gezunterheyt
Languages of Origin
עס געזונטערהייט es gezunterheyt 'eat in health', gezunterheyt from געזונט, meaning healthy.
Who Uses This
Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.