kriat shema, keriat shema, k'riat shema, kriyat shema, k'riyat shema, keriyat shema, krias shema, kerias shema, k'rias shema, kriyas shema, k'riyas shema, keriyas shema, kriat shma, keriat shma, k'riat shma, kriyat shma, k'riyat shma, keriyat shma, krias shma, kerias shma, k'rias shma, kriyas shma, keriyas shma, kriat sh'ma, keriat sh'ma, k'riat sh'ma, kriyat sh'ma, k'riyat sh'ma, krias sh'ma, kerias sh'ma, k'rias sh'ma, kriyas sh'ma, k'riyas sh'ma, kries shma, krishme
- "The reading of the Shema" (Glinert)
- "Before I call them, I must say Kriat Shema" (Glinert).
- The latest time for Kriat Shema is at 9:09 am.
- "Say Krias Shema before you go to bed with fervor!" (https://www.shopeichlers.com/products/krias-shema-before-bed/32286)
- "It was the Minhag of many elder Chassidim to say Krias Shema while wearing a hat and jacket as well as a Gartel." (https://asktherav.com/category/davening/krias-shema-al-hamita/)
- "Once one has said Krias Shema & Hamapil one should not eat, drink or speak. Rather, one should promptly try to go to sleep." (http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs003/1101944367721/archive/1102494441493.html)
Languages of Origin
קריאת שמע kriat shema 'reading of the Shema.' Shema is the opening word of the Biblical section read.
Who Uses This
Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
See also Shema
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.