- the sanctification of God's name; "bringing honor to God" (Glinert)
- "Make sure you behave well when you go on your school trip wearing your kippahs--it's a kiddush hashem!"
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- קידוש השם
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- opposite of chillul Hashem, חילול השם
Who Uses This
kidush Hashem, kiddush Ha-shem
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.