- prayer, services, or an individual prayer
- "We had tefillah on Shabbat."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- תפילה tefilla 'prayer'
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Camp: Jews who attend or work at a Jewish overnight summer camp
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
t'fillah, tefila, tefilla, tefilah, t'fila, t'filla, t'filah, tfilah, tfila
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.