- "She was so shikered at the bat mitzvah, it was embarrassing."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Heb שיכור shikór, Yiddish שיכּור shíker
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- North America
- Australia / New Zealand
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- also farshickered, fer shikered (from Yiddish פֿאַרשיכּורט farshikert) 'intoxicated'
Who Uses This
shiker, shickered, shikur
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.