- "sir"; "mister"
- "Reb Aryeh, wait a minute!"
Languages of Origin
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
- Compare with "rov'; usually used with a first name and slightly less formal than other titles.
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.