adj. Containing or contaminated with neither milk nor meat.
adj. Uninteresting, plain, generic.
"I bought a parve dessert for our meat meal."
"So, how was the movie?" "It was kinda parve. Parts were interesting, but nothing so special."
Languages of Origin
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
parveh, pareve, parev, parv
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.