n. Food or utensils in the dairy category according to kashrut.
"It's a milchig restaurant."
"Don't eat milchigs right after you eat meat!"
Languages of Origin
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
milkhik, milkhig, milchic, milkhic, milchik
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.