"...food in the "dairy" category, according to the Jewish dietary laws...also refers to the utensils and dishes used for cooking, eating, and serving milk products." (JPS)
"It's a milchig restaurant."
"Don't eat milchigs right after you eat meat!"
Languages of Origin
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
milkhik, milkhig, milchic, milkhic, milchik
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.