- "mother tongue", usually refers to Yiddish
- "Please call us to discuss the many naming opportunities available at Yiddishkayt. Name one of our education and outreach programs, or one of our upcoming events, as a powerful tribute to mameloshn." (on the Yiddishkeit LA web site donor page)
Languages of Origin
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.