- diminutive term for a young girl [lit. 'little mama']
- "Sweet dreams, mameleh, I'll see you in the morning."
Languages of Origin
- מאַמעלע mámele
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.