- High Holiday prayerbook, used for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- "Should I buy a machzor this Rosh Hashanah?"
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- מחזור machzor, lit. 'cycle'; holiday prayerbook, short for מחזור תפילה)
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.