chazaka, hazaka, khazaka, chazzaka, hazzaka, khazzaka, chazakka, hazakka, khazakka, chazzakka, hazzakka, khazzakka, hazakah, khazakah, chazzakah, hazzakah, khazzakah, chazakkah, hazakkah, khazakkah, chazzakkah, hazzakkah, khazzakkah, chazoko, hazoko, khazoko, chazzoko, hazzoko, khazzoko, chazokko, hazokko, khazokko, chazzokko, hazzokko, khazzokki, chazokoh, hazokoh, khazokoh, chazzokoh, hazzokoh, khazzokoh, chazokkoh, hazokkoh, khazokkoh, chazzokkoh, hazzokkoh, khazzokkoh, chazoke, hazoke, khazoke, chazokeh, hazokeh, khazokeh
- "Automatic presumption" (Glinert)
- "What, she said Mazel tov when you told her I had a baby? Then there's a chazaka that she's Jewish." (Glinert)
- "You could say colloquially, 'I have a chazakah to that parking space; I park there every day', or 'I've been hanging my washing in front of your window for 11 years and you haven't said a word, you can't suddenly tell me to take it down now because it's an eyesore; by now I have a chazakah.'" (https://www.thejc.com/judaism/jewish-words/chazakah-1.5943)
- "Every halakhic situation is based on an empirical reality, which yields a resultant halakhic state. In a scenario of safek, does chazaka extend the facts or just the halakhic state?" (https://www.etzion.org.il/en/how-does-chazaka-operate)
- "Without getting involved in all the various sevaros and lomdus of chazaka, it does seem to be based on the premise that things don’t change without a cause, and on that comes the chidush of chazaka that we don’t assume a cause happened until we know for sure." (https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/topic/chazaka-meiikara)
- "Rashi does not say that if the 3 people each have a chazoka on 3 kochos that she is ossur on everyone." (https://dafyomi.co.il/discuss_daf.php?gid=42&sid=20&daf=66&n=1)
Languages of Origin
חזקה chazaka 'strengthening, presumption'
Who Uses This
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.