ramkol, ram call, ramcall, ram-kol, ram-call
- "A loudspeaker system (the ramkol) played bugle calls for every part of the day, from wake-up to taps, followed by Hebrew messages always beginning with a loud 'hakshivu, hakshivu!'" (http://reshetramah.org/alumni-reflections/shelly-switkin/)
- "Campers wake up to gentle ramkol announcements and get ready for Tfilah." (https://campmassad.org/summers-at-camp/daily-schedule.html)
- "There was a buildup throughout the nine days leading up to the moment to set the tone. No music on the ram kol. Monotone announcements." (https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/community/articles/summer-camps-tisha-bav)
- "We also have installed a modern “ram call” loudspeaker and alert system which will both provide greater communications and emergency preparedness when needed as well as programmatic opportunities every day." (https://www.campjudaea.org/blog/safety-and-security-is-our-1-priority-at-camp-judaea/)
- "A loudspeaker system (the ramkol) played bugle calls for every part of the day, from wake-up to taps, followed by Hebrew messages always beginning with a loud hakshivu, hakshivu!" (https://ramahwisconsin.com/blog/2016/12/reflections-on-ramahs-first-summer)
Languages of Origin
רמקול ramkol 'loudspeaker'
Who Uses This
Camp: Jews who attend or work at a Jewish overnight summer camp
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.