zimriyya, zimria, zimriah, zimriya, zimriyyah
- song festival, music competition
- "The camp rang with music, whether it was the boys and girls competing in a zimriyah, a festival of song, or the folkies who called themselves the Rabbis' Sons." (https://books.google.ca/books?id=6iHOrDQghpcC&pg=PA301)
- "At Ruach Day Camp at HANC in Uniondale, pink and blue teams faced off in a girls v. boys zimriah competition whose theme was Shabbat." (https://www.thejewishstar.com/stories/Hot-time-summer-on-Long-Island,7318?)
- "Join us for Camp Ramah in the Berkshires's 50th Zimriah, with love from the Ulam Bogrei Ramah!" (https://kolramah.us/zimriah2013/?doing_wp_cron=1591818223.0787100791931152343750)
- "Check out the First Session Rikudiah and Zimriah!" (https://www.facebook.com/urjcampharlam/posts/check-out-the-first-session-rikudiah-and-zimriah/172336816169155/)
- "Early in the summer the Zimriah (song festival) takes place. Every eidah learns a song that follows a theme for the summer, with the majority of the songs coming from Israeli songwriters." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Ramah_in_Wisconsin#Zimriah_(Song_Festival))
- "The tradition of Zimriyah is the highlight of the summer for many campers. The ruach that surrounds this decades-old tradition is breathtaking" (https://www.campyavneh.org/current-families/songs/)
Languages of Origin
זמריה zimria 'singathon'
Who Uses This
Camp: Jews who attend or work at a Jewish overnight summer camp
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.