- When a Modern Orthodox post-high-school student becomes more religiously observant during or after a gap year at a yeshiva/seminary.
- In high school, Yaakov used to go to parties every Friday night, but now that he flipped out, he spends them learning Gemara in the beis.
- Justin flipped out in Israel and is now thinking of transferring from Columbia to YU.
- Did you see Ben flipped out? Now he wears tzitzis out everywhere he goes.
- "I had the opportunity to attend a gap year seminary program in Israel before college. I refused to go, thinking that Israel would make me flip out religiously." (https://jewishheartnj.org/about-us/what-we-do/the-people-we-help/reconnecting-galina)
- "I'm flipping, and my rebbe's sheppin' nachas" (from Flippin Out by Blue Fringe, qtd in https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.shulcloud.com/727/uploads/sermons/HILLEL/Sermon%20-%20Flippin%20Out.pdf)
Languages of Origin
Who Uses This
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
Younger: Jews in their 30s or younger
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.