n. Kasha with bowtie noodles.
"I'm making kasha varnishkes for Shabbat dinner."
Languages of Origin
קאַשע װאַרנישקעס kashe varnishkes
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- Ethnic: Jews whose Jewish identity is primarily ethnic
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
kashe varnishkes, kasha varnishkas
The noodle itself is often called farfalle.
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.