- difficult, onerous, complex
- That's going to be shver.
Languages of Origin
- שװער shver 'difficult; heavy'
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
- שװער shver is coincidentally also the Yiddish word for a father-in-law (cf. שװיגער shviger 'mother-in-law')
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.