- Gifts for friends, traditionally given on Purim. Typically, a basket with food requiring two separate brachas in it.
- "Wish your friends a Happy Purim with our Purim shalach Manos!"
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Heb משלוח מנות mishlóakh manót, Yiddish שלח־מנות sh(a)lakhmónes
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
shlach mones, shalekh mones, mishloach manos, mishloah manot, shalach monos, shalach manos, mishloach manot
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.