- ba'al teshuva, returnee to faith, Jew who chose to become Orthodox
- "He then lists various things that identify him to others as a BT: lack of knowledge of Yiddish, tilt of hat, disarray of tzitzis, and laughing too loud at jokes." (http://www.beyondbt.com/2012/10/15/intergrating-the-baalei-teshuva/)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- English abbreviation for "ba'al teshuva" בעל תשובה
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
- See ba'al teshuva
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.