- palm branch used ritually on Sukkot
- Did you order your lulav and etrog yet?
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- Lulav is shaken on Sukkot, along with the הדס hadas (myrtle), ערבה arava (willow), and אתרוג etrog (citron).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.