- "A bound book containing the Five Books of Moses that is used in synagogue or for study." (JPS)
- "We can share a chumash during davening."
Languages of Origin
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.