- pleasantly plump, buxom, lit. "juicy"
- "Ezra's aunt looked exactly as he had described her: clever, gentle, zaftik."
Languages of Origin
- זאַפֿטיק zaftik 'juicy'
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
zoftik, zoftig, zaftik, zaftic
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.