- acronym for: ts'va ha-haganah le-yisrael, the Israeli defense force (IDF)
- "One of the most popular things teenagers buy when visiting Israel is a TzaHaL t-shirt."
Languages of Origin
- Modern Hebrew
- צה"ל, acronym for צבא הגנה לישראל 'lit. Defense Army for Israel, IDF'
- Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.