"She is going to get a spanking on her toches if she doesn't start behaving."
"Don't just sit there on your tuchus, help us build the sukkah!"
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
Y תּחת tókhes 'buttocks'
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Non-Jews: (words that have spread outside of Jewish networks)
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- Other (please describe in Notes section)
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
tuchus, toches, tuchas, tukhes, tuchis, tokhes, toochis, tookhis, toochis, tookhis, tooches, tookhes
See also tush.
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.