- to repeat or teach a story heard elsewhere
- "I'd like to tell over a story I heard last week..."
Languages of Origin
- likely from loan translation, איבערדערצײלן íberdertseyln 'retell (lit. tell over),' איבערזאָגן íberzogn 'repeat (lit. say over)'
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.