- "As a matter of fact." (Weiser); "Really?"
- "They got engaged after three months!" "B'emes?!"
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Modern Hebrew
- Heb באמת be'emét, Yiddish beémes
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
- North America
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
be'emes, b'emes, be'emet, beemes, bemes
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.