- the body of law surrounding menstruation, lit. "family purity"
- "Most chossonim and kallahs [grooms and brides] learn taharas hamishpachah in the weeks before their wedding."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- טהרת המשפחה
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
tahoras mishpocha, taharas mishpokhe, taharas mishpocha, taharat mishpacha, taharat hamishpachah
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.