- "Briefly or concisely: succinctly" (Weiser)
- "He explained the sugya to me bekitzur, but I think I should go back for more details." (Weiser)
- "Bekitzur, it was a bit hectic, but we got it worked out in the end."
Languages of Origin
- Heb בקיצור bekitsur, Yiddish בקיצור bekitser 'in short, briefly'
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
- North America
- Great Britain
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
- The Yiddish bekitser also has synonyms in הקיצור hakitser and אַ קיצור a kitser.
Who Uses This
b'kitser, b'kitzur, b'kitsur, bekitser
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.