- the blessing of thanksgiving that celebrates reaching a celebratory moment or marking a significant first
- "This is truly a shehechiyanu moment."
- "Please join hands as we sing Shehechiyanu."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- שהחיינו 'lit. who has given us life'
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
shehechiyanu, shehekheyanu, shehekhiyanu, sheheheanu, shehehianu, shehehiyanu
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.