- pretty face
- Rivki is such a sheyna punim."
Languages of Origin
- שײנע פּנים sheyne ponem (Standard Yiddish שײן פּנים sheyn ponem, because the grammatical gender of ponem is neuter)
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
sheyner ponim, sheyna punim, shayna punim, sheyne ponim
- Can also be used ironically to mean "a disgrace"
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.