- the first part of morning services, after the morning blessings mostly comprised of Psalms [lit. "verses of praise"]
- "Were you late for shul?" "Not really, I got there during Psukei d'Zimrah."
Languages of Origin
- פסוקי דזמרה 'lit. verses of song'
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
p'sukei d'zimra, pesukei dezimrah
- The Shabbes one is about twice as long
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.