- "Thank God," "blessed is God"
- "Did you do well on your exam?" "Baruch Hashem, yes!"
- "How's the family?" "Baruch Hashem!"
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- ברוך השם
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
borukh Hashem, baruch Ha-shem, boruch Hashem, baruch HaShem
- Often abbreviated B"H or BH. Often used to punctuate conversation, sometimes as a response to "how are you?"
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.