- so what?; so?; hurry up already
- "Nu - tell us already! Out with it!"
Languages of Origin
- Modern Hebrew
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
- cognate with Russian, Ukrainian ну nu
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.