interj. So what?; so?; hurry up already.
"Nu - tell us already! Out with it!"
Languages of Origin
- Modern Hebrew
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
cognate with Russian, Ukrainian ну nu
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.