n. A bother, cause of annoyance.
n. Pains, effort.
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
TH טירחא > Y טירחה tirkhe
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
tirkha, tirche, tirkhe, tirchah, tirkhah
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.