to be mevazeh
v. To scorn.
v. To humiliate, degrade.
“You shouldn't be mevazeh him just because you don't get along with him.” (Weiser)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
Y מבֿזה זײַן mevaze zayn
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
to be mevaze
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.