n. A coarse individual, low life; obnoxious person.
“He's such a mushchas that I'd save a snake's life before his.” (Weiser)
"A rich man, who was an incredible mushchas, who found himself in jail." (source)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
Y מנוּװל menuvl
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
Plural mushchussim / mushkhussim.
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.