- the food that fell from the sky to feed the wandering Israelites in the Bible
- "It was like manna falling from heaven!" (describing the first sight of an all-you-can-eat buffet)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Heb מן man
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Non-Jews: (words that have spread outside of Jewish networks)
- North America
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.