adj. Insulted, offended.
“I didn't think he would get so beleidikt by my suggestion that he try a different tie with that suit.” (Weiser)
Languages of Origin
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.