n. Israel's parliament.
"The Conversion Bill was removed from the Knesset floor last week."
Languages of Origin
- Modern Hebrew
כנסת lit. 'assembly, assemblage.' Short for כנסת ישראל "Knesset Yisrael" ("The Entire Jewish People"), which occurs throughout the Talmud and other Rabbinic literature.
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Non-Jews: (words that have spread outside of Jewish networks)
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
kneset, Kneset, Keneset, keneset
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.