n. Israel's parliament.
"The Conversion Bill was removed from the Knesset floor last week."
Languages of Origin
- Modern Hebrew
כנסת 'lit. assembly, assemblage'. Short for כנסת ישראל "Knesset Yisrael" ("The Entire Jewish People"), which occurs throughout the Talmud and other Rabbinic literature.
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Non-Jews: (words that have spread outside of Jewish networks)
- Australia / New Zealand
- South Africa
- Great Britain
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.