- "children" (Rosten)
- "Services for the kinder and their families are upstairs at 10:30."
Languages of Origin
- קינדער kinder 'children' (singular קינד kind)
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.