"Those cookies look too good to be made with matzah meal. They must be hametzdik." (Eisenberg & Scolnic)
Languages of Origin
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Australia / New Zealand
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- The JPS Dictionary of Jewish Words, by Joyce Eisenberg and Ellen Scolnic, (Philadelphia, 2001).
Who Uses This
chometzdik, chumetzdik, hametzdik, hometzdik, humetzdik
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.