- "A Middle Eastern spicy sauce made from fresh hot peppers seasoned with coriander, garlic, and various spices" (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/zhug#English)
- "I ate so much schug at dinner last night--my tongue was on fire!"
Languages of Origin
- Modern Hebrew
- Hebrew סחוג or Arabic سحوق
- Jews: Jews of diverse religious backgrounds and organizational involvements
- Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
- North America
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.