- talented (especially in domains other than learning) and trusted to accomplish a task
- "She is a very special, dynamic, vivacious and geshikt young lady!" (https://betweencarpools.com/the-story-of-one-mom-parenting-my-daughter-from-7000-miles-away/)
- "Hardly the geshikt balabusta, I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies while my husband ran to the dollar store to buy whatever baskets and cellophane they had left." (https://jewishecho.com/musings/the-real-purim-spirit/)
Languages of Origin
- געשיקט 'skillful, dextrous' (past participle of שיקן shikn 'to send')
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Especially used to describe women. See also balaboosta.
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.