chevraman, khevreman, khevraman, hevraman, hevreman, chevrehman, chevrahman, khevrehman, khevrahman, hevrahman, hevrehman
- "One of the guys" (Glinert)
- "Being a counselor will be good for you, it'll make you a real chevreman." (Glinert)
- "Sh'koyach/well done to our chevreman Yoni Eilat and Bella Bryks-Klein on a good take on #Yiddish and Israel on i24NEWS English" (https://www.facebook.com/YidLifeCrisis/posts/shkoyachwell-done-to-our-chevreman-yoni-eilat-and-bella-bryks-klein-on-a-good-ta/2263198657247979/)
- "He is a smiling chevreman, who loved the 'amazing camp.'" (https://collive.com/shluchim-boys-attend-europe-camp/amp/)
- "He is a 'Chevreman' as he makes friends easily and radiates warmth and happiness, and it's always fun to be around him." (http://hujimechinalumni.weebly.com/rona--moshe.html)
Languages of Origin
חבֿרהמאַן khevreman 'a people person'
Who Uses This
Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.